Mission: Promote the conservation and the responsible use of marine resources, especially of sharks, through the development of integrated projects of marine education and scientific research. In our effort, we hope to be firm and true to our ideals, always respecting the environmental and human welfare.
About us: Mision Tiburon is composed by young professionals committed to marine life and shark conservation. The leaders of this organization, Ilena Zanella and Andres Lopez, are marine biologists who have worked for several years in educational projects and marine research, especially with sharks, rays and turtles. During these years, they have acquired the experience and the knowledge to lead new marine conservation projects.
In order to promote the conservation of sharks and marine life, Mision Tiburon focuses its efforts on the following areas:
- Marine education: Sensitize the Costa Rican and the International society about the importance of sharks in our oceans, the threats that they are facing and their populations decline.
- Marine research: conduct scientific research with sharks and others marine species to determine management strategies, in order to promote their conservation and responsible use.
- Political and social advocacy: Use technical and scientific information as a tool for influencing civil society and public policy to promote the conservation of sharks and others marine species.
- $ 50 Shark Conventional tag
- $500 Shark acoustic tag
- $1000 Educational Activity with 50 students
- 5500$ Adopt a shark with a Satellite Tag
- 50000$ Mision Tiburon Station with a Shark Museum in Golfito