International Scholarship Fund
Transform Costa Rica’s brightest scholars into tomorrow’s leaders
Help outstanding professionals with limited resources to become leaders in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math in Costa Rica. Help these future leaders pursue Master’s degrees in the United States.
- Reviews (0)
Costa Rica has set big goals for its future – but it can’t get there without top-notch education for its best students, including those without a way to pay for school.
The Costa Rica U.S.A. Foundation for Cooperation (CRUSA) created its Leadership for Competitiveness Program in 2013 to build human capacity in key areas for the country. Our scholarships has allowed 14 outstanding, low-income students to pursue Master’s degrees in the United States in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). Our partners include the Ministry of Science, Technology and Telecommunications (MICITT) and the National Council on Scientific and Technological Research (CONICIT).
In 2015, we joined forces with the Costa Rican Fulbright Association. Our CRUSA-Fulbright joint fund seeks to double the number of beneficiaries over the next year.
The program includes:
- a careful screening and selection process
- full support for students as they prepare for their time abroad
- negotiation with U.S. universities to ensure a counterpart scholarship
- follow-through with students during their studies
- close communication upon their return as we build a network of highly-motivated young leaders. To date, 14 talented students have received Master’s scholarships.